Saturday, March 10, 2018

Sampling the Bright Greens

This week's scrappy stitching for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was focused on my blocks for the Squared Away sampler. I have been making the blocks to finish at 7.5". I also made a couple of Spinning Boxes blocks.



At the top in this photo are two Box-in-a-Box blocks from the Fat Quarter Shop's 2017 Patchwork Quilt Along (find the pattern HERE, but their pattern is for a 5" block.) My three Squared Away blocks are across the center (pattern available at The Academic Quilter), and at the bottom are two Spinning Boxes blocks, which will finish at 10". This whole grouping makes me feel like spring has come!

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 



Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Great green assortment. Do you have a pattern for Spinning Boxes? I note there are two different boxes, I think. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green against that soft brown is fantastic. And the spinning block looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy, spring-y collection of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got quite an assortment of LIGHT/BRIGHT GREEN scraps!! Nice job on getting a bunch sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely green blocks. Thanks for sharing them with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...