Sunday, March 11, 2018

15 Minutes and Stash Report Sunday 3/11/18

Finally, a major change to my stash report! That's because I finished a quilt top--my version of Bonnie Hunter's 2017 mystery quilt "On Ringo Lake" is a completed top!! Too bad I haven't been able to get any photos of the whole top yet, but I promise to share it very soon. Here is a shot of a small portion of the quilt.




My quilt finishes at about 2/3 of Bonnie's original size. I haven't measured it yet, but I believe mine should be around 60" x 75". My calculation of the amount of fabric used came to 9 yards (as compared to the 16 yards listed for the full pattern.)


2018 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                 9.0 yards
Used year to date:            16.0 yards
Added last week:                0.0 yards
Added year to date:         2.125 yards
Net used year to date:   13.875 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I'm struggling to figure out what to do next after such a major finish, but I have pulled out a couple of projects that were ignored while the mystery quilt was filling my time. I'm still holding steady at finding time to quilt every single day! I missed posting last week, so this covers a two-week period.

15 Minute Challenge:  
2/25 - 3/10        14 of 14 days
2018 Total          69 of 69 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces.

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Looks great. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric choices. I ended up reducing the size of the Bonnie quilt I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your On Ringo Lake color choices are the most unusual I've seen so far, and I love what you did! It looks very modern--I hope that's what you are going for lol. I can't wait to see the whole top. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love the colors you used. Congrats for getting it finished. You were smart to make it smaller. I passed on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the red and black in the blocks. Congrats on getting that project to the finished flimsy stage, that's not small feat even at 2/3 the size. Congrats on finding time to stitch every day so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is stunning! I absolutely love it done in black, white, and red.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...